KONKAN RAILWAY ACHIEVEMENTS
Work of major Capacity augmentation under favorable consideration of Ministry of Railways.
Tendering work of electrification completed.
- Work of 10 new station and 8 loop lines started.
- Work of doubling started.
- Concession agreement has been signed between Konkan Railway and JDRL Work started alongwith Land acquisition and related work is in progress.
- A 69% increase in the annual turnover from Rs 1277.32 Cr in FY 2013-14 to Rs 2164.34 Cr in FY 2016-17.
New Trains started in the region under Shri Suresh Prabhu’s Ministership:
- Madgaon Rajdhani Express
- NZM- TVC weekly train
- Madgaon Ratnagiri Daily passengers
- LTT- Madgaon Double Decker
- NZM- TVC weekly train
- Kasargod- By Door daily passenger
- LTT- Karmali AC weekly express
- Indore-Kochuveli Express
- CSTM- Karmali Superfast Express
Initiatives for development in Konkan Railway in the State of Maharashtra
- 16th October 2015- Bhoomi Poojan for halt station at Soundal- Inaugurated on April 4,2017
- 4th January 2015- Inauguration of Konkan Swad at Ratnagiri .
- 8th August 2015- Foundation stone laid for Kudal Station Renovation.
- 8th November 2015- Bhoomi Poojan for patch doubling of Roha- Veer section. Estimate cost Rs 340 Cr – Work started.
- 16th October 2015- Hon’ble MR inaugurated the Solar Park at Ratnagiri. He laid the foundation stone for the same on January 4, 2015.
- 16th October 2015- Bhoomi Poojan for halt station at Veravali.
- 25th March 2016- Veravali station and inauguration
- 8th November 2015 Bhoomi Poojan for electrification of Konkan route. Estimated cost Rs 900 crore. Work will start soon. Tender under finalization.
- 16th November 2015 – Inauguration of Escalator at Ratnagiri.
- 25th January 2016- Inauguration of Travelator at Ratnagiri
- 25th March 2016- Inaugurated water filter at Kankavali. Water filters provided at all station on KRCL under CSR initiative of YES Bank.
- 19th June 2016- Inauguration of Hand Held Device for KRCL for ticketing. And upgration of Mango Packing house at Jamsande Sindhurdurg.
- 17th June 2016- Foundation stone laying ceremony of Kharepatan station, Tender under finalization.
- 19th June2016- Sawantwadi Terminus Phase 1- Inaugurated. The foundation stone laid for the same was laid on 27th June 2015.
- 20th August 2016- Foundation stone ceremony of Sawantwadi Terminus Phase -2 . Total estimated cost Rs 20 Cr. Work is progress.
- 28th June 2015- Concession Agreement between KRCL & JDRL (Jaigarh post connectivity). The tendering process for this project is in progress.
- 10th July 2016- Foundation stone laying ceremony of Kadwai station, tenders opened on 16th December 2016.
- 14th August 2016- Concession agreement between M/S Shapoorji Palonjee Pvt. Ltd and KRCL for construction for Chiplun- Karad line.
- 20th August 2016- Foundation stone laying ceremony of Achire station. Tender under finalization.
- 21st August 2016- Foundation stone laying ceremony of new Kalbani station. Tender under finalization.
- 21st August 2018- Inaugurated commencement of Railway Research Centre of Mumbai University at Ratnagiri.
- 3rd December 2016- Inauguration of upgraded Kankavali Station. Additional loop line, Escalator, New station building, ticket booking counters, etc.
- 3rd December 2016- Bhoomi Poojan for Rolling Stock Component factory at Lote near Khed.
- 3rd December 2016- Bhoomi Poojan for upgradation of Indapur halt station into crossing station.
- 3rd Deember 2016- Bhoomi Poojan for upgradation of Sape Wamane halt station into crossing station, Tender under finalization. Bhoomi Poojan for upgradation for Veravali halt station into crossing station. Tender under finalization
- 3rd December 2016- Inauguration of e catering at Sawantwadi Station.
- 26th January 2015- Toll free enquiry number of train enquiry started (Toll Free Number 18002331332)
- 25th March 2017- Hon’ble Minister laid foundation stone of Jaigad- Digni Rail link. Also inaugurated Lifeline Express at Ratnagiri and Sindhudurg and PRS facility at Khed, Sangameshwar, Ratnagiri and Lanja post office.
- 9th April 2017- Inaugurated of Integrated Control Office Application (COA) system.
- To supplement the income of local Self-Help Groups in the region, food / Beverage items like Kokan syrup, Mango wadi, Mango Squash, Shengana Ladu, Boondi Ladu, Poha Ladu, Rice Papad, etc. produced by SHGs associated with Cottage Industries can sell their products through Konkan Meva stalls at Railway Stations.
- 14 Konkan Meva stall were instatlled in stations on Konkan Route in Maharashtra (Khed, Chiplun, Aravali Road, Sangameshwa, Ratngiri, Nivsar, Vilavade, Vaibhavwadi Road, Nandgaon, Kankavali, Sindhudurg,Kudal & Sawantwadi.) (Kamathe, Savarde, Adavali, Rajapur Road – Closed).
- E-catering by IRCTC/NABARD/Self-Help Groups – started at Sawantwadi station from 3rd December 2016.
Training of Auto & Taxi Drivers
Auto and Taxi Drivers were imparted training in coordination with the Tourism Department to work as Tourist Guide in workshops organized at Khed, Chiplun, Ratnagiri, Kankavali, Kudal and Sawantwadi stations in Maharashtra. Till now more than 2000 drivers are trained.
As a part of initiative to reach the richness of local quisine to the tourists travelling / visiting Konkan region, Ethnic stalls have been provided at Khed, Ratnagiri, Kankavali and Sawantwadi Road Stations in Maharashtra State. (Total 9 stations, 4 in Maharashtra and 5 in Karnataka)
Capacity Augmentation Works
- Proposal for 147 km patch doubling of critical portion and 21 new crossing stations on Konkan Railway at an estimated cost of `4980 Cr is under progress.
- 11 crossing stations and 8 additional loop lines at a cost of `230 Cr.
Other Works on Progress – Total Cost 6220 Crore
- Electrification – 900 Cr
- Roha- Veer Doubling 340 Cr
- Capacity Augmentation Work 4980 Cr
New Trains started in Konkan Railway in Goa State
31st March 2015- Flagging off of Madgoan Ratnagiri Passenger (Daily)
8th August 2015- Flagging off of Extension of Karwar – Madgaon DEMU services to Pernem (6 days a week)
15th November 2015- Flagging off of Goa Rajdhani (bi weekly)
6th December 2015- Flagging off Madgoan – LT (T) Double Decker (Tri weekly)
- Ethnic food stall at station and E- Catering facility for local cuisine
- Passenger amenities and their Improvement.
- Escalators, travelator,
- Lift, Modular design covered shelters at platforms, upgraded waiting rooms with new benches, video wall
- Free Wi-Fi new and improved platforms